Sunday, June 4, 2017

William Hughes, Jr. Comments on Race Relations in Columbia County





Hello
everyone, I wanted to bring this conversation up again, it’s been close to
10 months since I addressed the board of supervisors on race.  To my knowledge this was the first ever
lengthy conversation held on the floor of the board of supervisors regarding
race relations.  I want to point out some
of my figures, (guesstimates) were high, but the point of the conversation is
what is important.  I will also like to
say, since this conversation Chairman Matt Murrell has hired more minorities
and made it clear, if you have the qualifications regardless of race, you have
a chance.  It’s still not a perfect
system, but I believe I have a Chairman in Matt Murrell and a Majority Leader
in Pat Grattan who works with me to solve problems and this is a problem we are
going to continue to work on, that I PROMISE! 
Thank you to Dan Udell for providing me with the video.  This video is a little lengthy, but if you
want to engage in the topic or get a good idea of the full conversation the
board of supervisors had on race relations, PLEASE LISTEN.  Know what your government is doing for you!






 William
Hughes Jr.
4th
Ward Supervisor, City of Hudson



Minority
Leader






Columbia
County Board of Supervisors