Saturday, August 22, 2009

Hughes kicks off campaign


Hudson’s own, 4th Ward Supervisor, William Hughes Jr. and his wife, Deb Hughes, stands with Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, just before the start of President Obama’s inaugural ceremony.

As 4th Ward Supervisor, I worked hard to help Senator Gillibrand get re-elected. Senator Gillibrand is someone who has shown a great deal of passion and caring while fighting for the citizens of Columbia County on the Federal level.

It is that same kind of passion and caring that I display, while fighting for Hudson on the County level. I have lived in Hudson, specifically the 4th Ward for 35 years. The 4th Ward and the City of Hudson as a whole is near and dear to my heart.

During my childhood, I have watched Hudson flourish with jobs, while families lived in a close knit community setting. Now I watch as our community struggles with unemployment and the lack of quality, affordable housing. This is not the Hudson I remember and this is not the condition I intend to leave it.

As County Supervisor, representing the 4th Ward, I have fought and will continue to fight to keep taxes low, increase our affordable housing stock and once again help Hudson get back to being the economic engine it once was.

Hudson has a lot of issues it needs to tackle; infrastructure, employment, housing, taxes, and the redevelopment of the lower half of the City. I will continue to work closely with Mayor Rick Scalera, Congressman Scott Murphy and Senator Kirsten Gillibrand to address current and future problems plaguing our beautiful City.

“It only takes one to change a community”

Re – elect
4th Ward Supervisor
William Hughes Jr

“Let Experience Work For You”